This is a Quantity Surveying role to deliver post contract commercial support to the major service contracts on Billingham. The role is built within the Procurement team and will have reporting deliverables to the site Procurement Manager and be functionally responsible to the Managing Quantity Surveyor. The candidate will be given the primary task of commercially managing some of the major service contracts with particular focus on more integrated contracts & strategy recommendations/deliverables. Project and turnaround commercial management will be a necessity at some stages with the next 2 years.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Principal accountabilities for measurement include:
- Providing ongoing day-to day post contract commercial assistance to site Procurement Manager and Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Supporting the wider site based teams to work with the delivered contract strategies.
- Participating in the annual goal setting and delivery process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Supporting the “One Company” philosophy in all initiatives.
- Works closely with all Billingham procurement stakeholders to advise, assist and develop procurement strategies and tenders using post contract commercial expertise.
In this role you will be required to undertake the following:
- Provide commercial expertise for integrated mechanical, scaffold, insulation and painting contracts, developing and delivering on the recommended strategy.
- Preparation of cost estimates and detailed cost plans for AFE’s, projects and TAR’s.
- Working with site teams/departments, providing QS support and expertise to key stakeholders including preparation of tender and contract documentation and bills of quantity for key site activities. E.g. turnaround events and site projects.
- Help ensure the appropriate selection, validation and prequalification of all CF Fertilisers site based service Contractors.
- Lead the tendering and negotiation of site based service and capex contracts.
- Analyse complex tenders and provide advice to engineers and procurement staff on matters relating to commercial bid evaluations.
- Manage contractor performance, develop and implement KPIs and providing accurate and timely contractor performance reports to key stakeholders
- Provide innovative and detailed document templates in accordance with contract administration requirements to ensure all parties to the contract are compliant.
- Ensure that the ongoing management of contracts is compliant with CF Fertilisers policies and procedures and that all contracts are managed in accordance with contractual obligations and agreements.
- Report on revenue expenditure of term maintenance agreements against key budgets. Develop detailed cost models required for future budget purposes and strategic business decisions.
- Drive business partnering through CF contract management/SPM processes to enhance performance and drive added value from major service providers.
- Advise on commercial risk management, value management and cost control measures for CF Fertilisers term and project contracts.
- Manage the full procurement cycle for major site based frameworks, projects and turn around contracts from inception, through delivery and final account.
- Work with site to produce annual budget forecasts for term service contracts, updating them and providing accurate forecasts of outturn costs.
- Provide expertise and advice regarding the execution and management of term contracts and site projects.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- QS degree (RICS accredited preferable)
- Experience in Quantity Surveying essential
- Understanding of good procurement practice including; negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification and supplier relationship management
- IT – full basic packages covering excel, word, PowerPoint
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.