To ensure the safe transfer of bulk fertiliser to feed the packing lines, plus packed fertiliser to either storage bays or onto haulier vehicles for despatch, using a variety of mobile plant including fork-lift truck (FLT), tractor & trailer and front wheel loader.
In this role you will be accountable for...
As a Packing Operator at CF, you will be an experienced driver of counterbalance fork-lift trucks and will work with the department team to provide world class standards of service to our customers.
You will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including:
- Operating safely at all times
- To operate mobile plant in accordance with the instruction and training provided for direct loading, line driving, storage of packed product, bulk reclaim, loading despatch vehicles from storage and raw material movements.
- To provide support and break cover to Erkomat Operator thereby ensuring efficient running of the packing lines. This includes monitoring and replenishment of bag stocks for continuous running.
- To operate the manual packaging line as required.
- To carry out a range of operational tasks including basic safety checks and reporting of defects on mobile plant, housekeeping, bulk loading, chemical loading, off-loading, road gritting, line painting, pallet repair and re-bagging.
- To monitor product packaging quality including stability, integrity and cleanliness of bags.
- To ensure packed product is stacked in accordance with safety, sheeting and quality standards.
- Liaise as necessary with other departments on site regarding product routing and quality
- Ensuring duties are carried out in accordance with the appropriate Integrated Management Systems (e.g. ISO systems, FIAS standards etc.).
- Will also be a member of the emergency response team
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Requires a good appreciation of modern warehousing and inventory management processes and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Packing and Handling department activities, policies and procedures is essential.
- Competent FLT driver (Kalmar 10 tonne FLT, Front Wheel Loader, Skid Steer, Tractor & Trailer)
- Strong work ethic
- A team player who can be counted on to provide support to work colleagues
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
Closing date: 25th March 2019
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.