NPK Operating Technican
The role of an NPK Operating Techincian is to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the NPK plants at Ince, Chester.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Operating safely at all times
- Operation of one of the plant areas on 51, 52 or 53 streams:
- Control of environmental emissions to meet PPC regulations
- To operate mobile plant for raw materials operations, build reclaim and loading including management of spillages and blending operations
- Sampling and analysis of process streams
- Part of the Emergency Response Team. This includes:
First aid training
Confined space training
Site emergency procedure familiarisation
- Dust filter checks for blockages and emissions, cyclone checks, scrubber checks, cleaning of spillages to prevent pollution of water table
- Continual sampling for Quality control on plant
- Issuing Clearance certificates
- The raising of work requests to initiate maintenance work
- The preparation of plant equipment such that maintenance can be safely carried out
- Recommissioning of equipment after maintenance
- Liaise as necessary with other departments on site with regards to quality, safety and environmental standards and operations
- To carry out multi-skill operations as required
- Safety – upkeep and replacement of eyewash bottles, fire extinguishers, BA sets, fire alarms, portable showers and safety showers.
- To assist with shutdown activities and operations on other areas of the Ince site as directed by the shift manager
- Ensure duties are carried out in accordance with the appropriate Integrated Management System (e.g.. ISO Systems) and FIAS standards
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
Mobile equipment licence would be beneficial
Previous plant experience preferred but not essential
Strong work ethic
A team player who can be counted on to provide support to work colleagues
A good appreciate and awareness of safety standards
- Experience with Solids Handling and computer control systems would be an advantage
Closing date: 21st December 2018
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturing and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.