Mechanical Team Leader (Planner) (internal applicants only)
The planner is responsible for developing the weekly schedule for the technician team, to execute the schedule / emergent work as dictated by the area supervisor.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Safe execution of work
To be responsible for ensuring that the work methods adopted by the mechanical team and contractors on your area are in line with company safety standards. To ensure that all parties prepare and submit quality RAMS and follow the site safe system of work procedures. To ensure all mechanical technicians work safely during execution of the work.
Key aspects of the role are:
Plan and assign work to the techs on a daily basis as dictated by the weekly schedule
Work closely with the co-ordinator. Production of weekly plan/schedule
Attend the AREA weekly planning meeting with OPS
Be present in the field to keep an overview of all jobs and to ensure that all work is progressing as planned
To manage any changes in priority, as directed by ops
To assist the supervisor in the planning and execution of emergent work
Closeout Work Orders for completed work, off-hire scaffolds & equipment
Inform area supervisor of any items for refurbishment
Provide feedback to the supervisor on completed work
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
The ideal candidate should be an experienced mechanical maintenance technician and have worked as a technician on the relevant plant in the past.
Skills and competencies
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- A meticulous organised approach to work
- A positive approach to solving problems and overcoming obstacles
- To be open to new ways of working and to making changes to align working practices with company policies and requirements
- The ability to effectively communicate with individuals within the team and from other departments or contract companies to ensure problems are resolved with the aim of achieving the companies goals
- A resilient nature to be persistent in overcoming hurdles to achieving goals
- Proficient in the use of common PC software packages such as EAM, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience using Microsoft Project would be beneficial but not essential
ONC/NVQ or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or higher would be beneficial but not essential.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.