Mechanical Rotary Technician
As a mechanical maintenance technician at CF Ince you will work on a variety of mechanical maintenance tasks ranging from rotating equipment overhauls-pumps & turbines, preparing equipment for statutory inspection and overhaul, Gearbox strip/rebuild work than can be workshop or field based. You will be involved in routine preventative maintenance as well as shutdown work and occasional out of hours emergency call in work.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Safe execution of work
Key to the operation of CF Ince is working safely. As a Mechanical Technician you will be responsible for ensuring all work carried out is in line with and complies to the site Safe Systems Of Work standards, including compliance to PPE requirements, permitry and isolation procedures, and the use of Risk Assessment and Method Statements and pre job hazard evaluation cards for all tasks.
Key areas of work include: -
- Maintaining all types of Mechanical rotating Equipment used across the CF site, including standard process plant equipment such as gear-boxes, pumps, compressors, relief valves, piping. Very rarely working on solids handling equipment such as elevators, conveyors, screens and mixers-during shut-downs for other departments.
- Pre–commission, commission and problem solve such systems.
- Raising, releasing and completing Work Orders and updating the CMMS as required
- Raising requests for materials for the routine execution of work.
- Inspection and record keeping or updating as part of a preventive maintenance programme.
- To assist in the upkeep of plant drawings and documentation by reporting errors to supervision.
- To participate in training in order to enhance skills to enable the you to meet the company’s competency requirements.
- To fulfil the some duties involving craneage, lifting and slinging
- Reviewing and helping in the upkeep of Mechanical Technical Data and manuals.
- Be willing to work outside of normal hours on a planned or call in basis to meet the needs of the business.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- The ideal candidate should be an experienced mechanical Rotating equipment maintenance technician.
- Experience of working either in petrochemical industries or with solids handling equipment (conveyors, elevators, screens etc) is essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Be a time served Mechanical Technician,
- Have a sound understanding of petrochemical plant equipment or of solids handling equipment.
- Have worked with Risk Assessments and Method Statements and worked within the safety standards of a COMAH site in the past.
- Have experience of using a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Some experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, and Outlook would be beneficial.
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship and ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent.
Closing date: 17th June 2019
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.