IT Service Desk Assistant
The role of an IT Service Desk Assistant is to assist the Helpdesk Supervisor in providing support to all users of computer systems in person, over the phone and via email, logging incidents and requests in our Servicedesk ticket system.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- The majority of this role is to provide IT support to users in person, over the phone and remotely using remote support tools
- Reporting IT support issues in our Service Desk software, recording troubleshooting steps taken and escalating issues to 2nd and 3rd line teams where necessary
- Creating user accounts for new starters
- Terminating user accounts as part of our leaver process, recording steps taken as required
- Adhering to the Sarbanes Oxley Act when dealing with relevant data and systems
- Following our internal Change Control process when making certain changes or granting access to defined systems and resources
- Carrying out checks to ensure systems are backed up, recording success or failure of backup jobs and attempting to resolve any issues encountered
- Installing software and hardware / peripherals
- Assisting with the rollout of new desktops, laptops, VOIP phones and printers
- Assisting with the installation of network cabling and computer equipment around the site
- Assisting with the installation, support and removal of computer equipment from temporary cabins, particularly during Turnarounds
- Assisting with the setup and rollout of new mobile devices using Mobile Iron - our Mobile Device Management solution
- Supporting users in their use of Video Conference systems such as Skype for Business
- Providing support to presenters at business briefings, ensuring systems are fully setup, tested and working in advance
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Experience in, or knowledge of, an IT support role
- Have a structured, methodical approach to troubleshooting issues
- Excellent customer service skills and experience providing outstanding customer service
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of using Service Desk / Helpdesk tools to log, manage and escalate issues an advantage
- Experience of using and supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office an advantage
- Experience of using and understanding Active Directory, Windows Operating Systems, DNS, DHCP and both wired and wireless networks an advantage
- An understanding of internal computer components, their function and how to troubleshoot / resolve hardware related issues
- Experience of using and troubleshooting issues with VOIP phones an advantage
- Experience of Android and iOS mobile operating systems and devices
- A full valid driving licence is essential
- Holding ITIL Foundation accreditation is desirable
Please note this role involves lifting and carrying IT equipment across the site.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturing and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.