IE Team Leader
To support the IE Maintenance Supervisor in the safe execution of IE Maintenance on the site. As a Instrument and Electrical (IE) Team Leader at CF Ince you will work on a variety of IE maintenance tasks ranging from motors, LV distribution, packaging equipment, pressure, temperature, level, analysers and flow measurement, along with planning and scheduling of work as required. This will also include routine preventative maintenance as well as shutdown work and occasional out of hours emergency call in work. Deputise for IE Supervisor as required.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Safe execution of work
Key to the operation of CF Ince is working safely. As an IE Team Leader you will be responsible for ensuring all work carried out is in line with and complies to the site Safe Systems Of Work standards, including compliance to PPE requirements, permitry and isolation procedures, and the generation of Risk Assessment and Method Statements and pre job hazard evaluation cards for all tasks.
Key areas of work include: -
- To fulfil all the responsibilities of a CT4 I/E Technician as defined elsewhere.
- To fulfil the duties of an Authorised Electrician Person.
- Writing & modification of procedures for testing of process safeguarding systems and their upkeep in the relevant database.
- Planning and scheduling of both routine and shutdown work and raising of PPM’s in EAM.
- Raising, releasing and completing work orders in EAM where appropriate and upkeep of the I/E Asset databases.
- Keeping up to-date records of all software configurable I/E systems on their area of responsibility and making small software changes as determined by the Area I/E Engineer.
- Meeting statutory obligations by maintaining all plant I/E systems (incl. of QMI) within defined limits.
- Ensuring safe working practices, procedures and safety systems are adhered to and tested according to agreed schedules.
- Reviewing and assist in the upkeep of I/E Technical Manuals.
- Controlling I/E area resources (including contractors) to ensure that equipment problems, maintenance inspection and trip testing etc. etc. are completed to defined schedules.
- Maintain system drawings as updated working sets and ensure all errors are reported back to the D.O.
- To participate in training in order to enhance skills to enable the you to meet the company’s competency requirements.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- The ideal candidate should be an experienced Instrument and Electrical maintenance technician and have worked as a technician / team leader on a top tier COMAH site.
Skills and competencies
- Be skilled in the area of Electrical and Electronic Engineering as required for Instrumentation, Control and Electrical Maintenance.
- The ability to effectively communicate with individuals within the team and from other departments to ensure problems are resolved with the aim of achieving the companies goals.
- Have the ability to diagnose Instrumentation, Control and Electrical system problems along with a sound understanding of process plant.
- Have knowledge in petrochemical site electronic apparatus and microprocessor based units and systems including DCS/SCADA and PLC’s.
- Have experience of using a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Have a sound understanding of safety procedures especially those related to Instrument/Electrical Systems.
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate a recognised Instrument/Electrical Apprenticeship and ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.