HR Business Partner
In this role as HR Business Partner you will support the HR Director deliver the HR service delivery model in a customer focused HR structure. You will be the HR point of contact for their nominated Site Operations Manager & all other key operational stakeholders at Billingham, as well as the Finance Director & Head of Procurement, & their leadership teams at Ince. The role incorporates providing HR professional advice & management of HR change projects across a broad spectrum of matters encompassing Employee Relations, Absence Management, Compensation & Benefits, Recruitment, Supervisor & Shift Manager Training & Development, Performance Management & Policy Governance.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Provide effective, sound & pragmatic front line management professional HR advice & effective solutions that will ensure that often complex & challenging capability & disciplinary matters are resolved satisfactorily
- Support the resolution of individual & collective disputes to enable these to be managed in compliance with employment law & pragmatically to a successful conclusion
- Maintain knowledge of employment law & its practical application & being particularly capable of devising, planning & delivering nimble HR solutions at the operational level
- Support HR team deliver the Corporate HR service delivery model and its 4 areas of change – Compensation; Benefits, HR Administration and Governance; Talent Acquisition and Talent Development; and Generalist HR
- Apply HR change project management skills, being an excellent team player & maintaining close professional HR networks to facilitate professional & practical HR solutions
- Support Managers implement & maintain an effective employee relations approach within their area of responsibility to foster sound working relationships with the UNITE Trades Union moving forward, & to minimise the risk of disruptive industrial action being taken
- Support the Talent & Recruitment Manager implement effective recruitment campaigns & support Managers with the tools & professional knowledge, advice & assessment processes to select the right people with the right skills
- Support Managers implement & maintain an effective performance management approach to ensure the organisational capability to succeed going forward
- Flexibility to occasionally travel between our Company facilities at Ince (Chester) & Billingham (including overnight stays) when working on the delivery of HR change projects
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Graduate CIPD qualified with strong HR professional technical skills & excellent interpersonal skills that enable them to communicate, collaborate & influence key stakeholders
- Significant HR practitioner experience, commercially astute, performance oriented & pragmatic with a strong track record of working closely with Managers in unionised environments
- Demonstrable employee relations skills & experience would be an advantage. The ability to negotiate effectively & the confidence to communicate authoritatively are essential
- Experience of managing & problem solving often ill-defined & complex performance, capability, disciplinary matters professionally, effectively & pragmatically is essential
- Strong project management, analytical thinking & creative problem solving skills are equally important qualities
- Demonstrates a proactive approach with a strong focus on driving process & analytical efficiency
- Experience of working on HR change projects and alongside HR teams who are located in the US would be advantageous
- Experience of working on HR systems implementation projects, in particular HR Workday, would be advantageous.