Graduate Trainee - Procurement
This is a graduate trainee role within the UK Procurement and Inventory Control team, the purpose of which is to provide exposure to a broad spectrum of activities across the team and to develop the range of skills and knowledge required for a successful career in Procurement and/or Material Control. Initially, the successful candidate will undertake a structured 2 year induction and training programme and be given exposure to the broad range of activities which support CF Procurement and Inventory Control functions. This will be additional to providing day to day operational support.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Participating in site meetings and supporting site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Contributing to Procurement and Inventory Control strategies that reduce cost, and increase productivity and improve supplier performance.
- Driving Source to Contract activity from preparation of bid packages through to negotiation and supplier recommendation.
- Ensuring on-going efficiencies within procurement and material control functions in line with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensuring implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements.
- Participating in and promoting the work of CF Commodity and Improvement teams.
- Supporting the Inventory Control team to optimize inventory levels
- Issuing contract releases and purchase orders and expedite materials and services in line with business requirements
- Providing support to the administration of the supply base to include: introduction of new suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, managing insurance requirements and ensuring required training is completed.
- Supporting end users in the utilization of procurement systems.
- Assisting Accounts Payable with the resolution of invoice issues.
- Managing relevant supplier relationships and preparing input into the supplier management process.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Educated to HNC/Degree Level in Business or Engineering.
- Experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, engineering or Commercial roles desirable
- Able to demonstrate internal/external stakeholder management capabilities
- Some understanding of good procurement practice including; negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification and supplier relationship management
- IT literate with knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems desirable.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.