FDF Maintenance Supervisor
The role of the FDF Maintenance Supervisor is to organise, allocate and supervise CF and contract technicians and assistants to deliver the scheduled maintenance tasks according to the task work specification packs and responding to equipment breakdowns and plant upsets so that agreed target plant on-line time and availability is upheld, defects are resolved and planned maintenance routines are completed on-time, safely and to budget constraints.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Ensure all maintenance activities and equipment meet company and statutory health and safety standards to ensure provision of a safe working environment including the Company’s obligations under COMAH legislation.
- Ensure all maintenance activities and equipment meet company and statutory environmental and emissions standards to ensure provision of a safe working environment and demonstrate care for the environment.
- To select, train, develop and appraise Maintenance Technicians so as to achieve high level of competence to minimise recourse to external resources and give the highest confidence of safe and reliable operation of equipment within area of responsibility.
- Undertake 1st line personnel management of Maintenance Technicians (e.g. time and attendance, regular 1-1’s, productivity (individual and team)).
- To ensure that maintenance tasks are delivered according to the task work specification packs and that maintenance work is conducted according to agreed business maintenance and engineering standards and good practice.
- To ensure the timely diagnosis and rectification of equipment defects and faults to maintain plant availability and throughput.
- To utilise business Computerised Maintenance Management System (Oracle eAM) in accordance with business maintenance policy.
- To prepare, collate, review and file reports of work done, equipment settings, spares descriptions and hierarchy in electronic and paper filing systems so that historical data is retained, recommendations for the future are made and evidence of work done is available for audit.
- To suggest and where practicable implement improvements to maintenance task preparation and execution.
- To deputise for the Maintenance Planner or Area Maintenance Manager as required, (competence permitting).
Major Plant Shutdowns
- To ensure that scheduled major plant shutdown allocated tasks are organised, have allocated technician and assistant resource and are delivered according to the task work specification packs and that work is conducted according to agreed business maintenance and engineering standards and good practice.
- As required, and when selected, execute tasks associated with the shutdown tech team to provide assurance of work quality to agreed business maintenance and engineering standards and good practice.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Detailed knowledge of relevant hazards, technology, operations and company and site specific policies and procedures
- Significant experience in chemical plant maintenance in a relevant discipline as a Maintenance Technician
- They may have undertaken further formal education in a relevant engineering discipline and will have complemented their knowledge with relevant industry courses.
- Line management experience
- Excellent time management
- Proficient in MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to report and a good understanding of analytics
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
Closing date: 17th December 2018
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.