Corporate Accounting Manager
The role of the Corportate Accounting Manager is to prepare and review month end transactions and prepare statutory financial accounts for the UK entities. This role is responsible for indirect taxes, day to day treasury and pension management and reporting of SG&A spend. Review and monitoring of the balance sheet. The role is a key resource for all technical accounting and transactional tax, pensions and treasury issues. This role is the co-ordinator of the external audit process.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Month end close activities:
- Preparation and review of the timely and accurate close activities for all aspects of the trial balances including journals, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate
- Acts as a reviewer for some inputs to the month end close process
- Work with the compliance team to support the governance around the close and continuous improvement efforts
- Supports the interface between payroll and the general ledger
- Raise month end close issues raised with relevant stakeholders to drive corrective actions.
- Preparation, review and delivery of all US corporate parent requirements for month and quarter end closes
- Co-ordinate the external audit process on a day to day basis
- Manage the indirect transactional tax activities, primarily and VAT filings
- Management of daily cash balance and forecasting activities
- Work with external parties to ensure accurate pension data is recorded
- Maintaining a strong SOX control environment working with relevant stakeholders including internal and external audit to identify deficiencies and take corrective actions as necessary implementing improvements in the internal control environment when required.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
Experience and Knowledge:
- Significant finance experience to include a substantial background in statutory accounting, audit and internal control
- Strong technical orientation with an understanding of accounting methodology and financial analysis
- Demonstrates client focus and ability to manage client relationship
- A strong technical accounting expert with deep understanding of both US and UK GAAP
- Behave as a proactive team member who actively works to ensure the team delivers as a whole
- Enable strong and supportive relationships with a positive, client focused mind set
- Demonstrates highest level of integrity and trust and strong compliance orientation
- Strong written and communication skills
- Undergraduate degree coupled with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.