The Buyer leads and supports the development and execution of sourcing strategies for assigned areas of spend within the site and across CF. Promote the CF Fertilisers site procurement and materials control organization by aligning with the strategic direction of the company-wide function, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions. The incumbent provides support in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement processes, and builds supportive internal and external relationships within procurement with other functions.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Development and execution of procurement strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance, reduce costs and align with the vision and strategic direction of CF Procurement and Material Control
- Leads the sourcing process for relevant areas of spend including managing proposals, developing proposal recommendations, negotiating the final contract and creating and executing supplier transition plans
- Business partnering with stakeholders in the development of best value solutions
- Delivery of the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans
- Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service
- Contributes to the development and execution of the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes
- Participates in site meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community
- Participates in early planning for turnarounds and key projects
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement functions by reporting quarterly on the progress with regard to KPI’s
- Ensures implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements
- Manages the administration of the supply base to include: introduction of new suppliers, evaluating supplier performance, managing insurance requirements and ensuring required training is completed
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines (MCIPS desirable)
- Solid experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering or other commercial experience
- Knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.