AMAC Mechanical Support Engineer
The role of a Mechanical Support Engineer is to provide engineering assistance and technical support to the Ince AMAC Asset Engineers for projects, modifications, shutdowns and maintenance activities predominantly on the Ammonia area.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Providing Mechanical Engineering support to the plant manufacturing organisation to ensure the maximum process on-stream factors are safely achieved.
Execution of Mechanical Projects and Modifications across the AMAC area, but predominantly Ammonia, to time and budget constraints.
Execution of the Mechanical aspects of multi-disciplinary projects managed by others.
Assisting in the planning and execution of plant shutdowns to time and budget constraints.
Management of Mechanical Supervisors, Team Leaders and Contractors during shutdowns and project installation / commissioning activities.
To be conversant with current legislation with respect to the Mechanical Engineering function within the company, to help ensure that compliance is met.
To be proactive at suggesting operational and maintenance improvements in all areas of the business.
Ensuring that all Mechanical Engineering records are maintained and updated as required when new equipment is brought into commission.
Assisting with technical evaluations and investigations of incidents, near misses, mechanical component or system failures.
Drafting of new policy documents, engineering scopes, maintenance and testing procedures for approval by the Asset Engineers or Engineering Manager.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- The candidate will be a Mechanical Engineering Graduate, preferably with some experience of working within a chemical or similar industrial environment.
- A demonstrable working knowledge of mechanical equipment installation and maintenance is ideal.
- Experience of working on projects, either individual or team based, must be demonstrated.
Skills and competencies
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Engineering, including knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to static and rotary equipment.
- Knowledge of process safety management and the requirements of working under COMAH regulations.
- Experience in the specification, installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment would be an advantage.
- Good writing skills and the ability to present to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, CMMS and Outlook.
- Applicants will be Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, with intention to work towards Chartered status.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.